Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Adoption Day

Today was adoption day. All 9 of our families started our morning with meeting in the lobby and waiting for our guide Yisha to walk us to sign our adoption papers. Amy is now officially ours as far as China is concerned. Next week we will deal with the US side of it. This first picture is of us in the office just after we signed the paperwork. The lady in charge of the documents spoke only chinese. She would tell us what was going on and Yisha would translate. This meant that Amy Meng understood everything and you could tell by the look on her face that she was very happy. Also, because there were so many of us and only 2 of them doing the paperwork they would occasionally ask Amy to help. I think that she felt very special today in that office, at least I hope she did as we think she is very special.


This second picture is to give you an idea what walking on the sidewalks is like. It is the adventure of a lifetime. This picture really doesn't depict what it is like. I had to wait for them to clear a bit so that I could take the picture since I was trying to keep up with our group and dodge the bikes at the same time while holding onto Amy and Josh. The bikes come behind and beep to let you know they are there because they have no intention of slowing down or stopping. They just swerve around you. I have to say I actually enjoy this!!! It really is an adventure.
Later today we went to Lotus Market which I think is actually Walmart. I wish that I had brought my camera. It is 3 stories and they have moving walkways like in the airport to get you upstairs with your shopping cart. It is a million times more crowded than our Walmarts and it was thrilling!! They only gave us an hour and a half to shop which was not nearly enough. We bought Amy some clothes but our main thing was to get her some books, music and DVDs. We wanted to make sure that she had these things for her before we got home and didn't have access to them. She was so sweet and just glowed whenever we would buy her anything. She kept trying to put things back because she didn't want us to spend any money but she was so happy. I just love her so much!!! What a sweet girl. The first book she picked out and has hardly put down was on learning english. I am very impressed.
Right now the kids are on the bed watching Tom and Jerry cartoons. That is what this picture is. We just took it. She is going to fit in just fine.
And this last picture I threw in just because I love it. It is a self portrait of Mike and Amy. Amy loves to get the camera and take pictures of everything. I do mean everything!!!
Tomorrow morning we are going to visit her orphanage and school. She seems to be very excited to go. I was a little surprised but very happy because I really wanted a glimpse of what her life has been like. I will tell you more about it tomorrow.
See Megans blog at www.chippergal.blogspot.com
God is so good.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI GUYS!
It's me, Brittney. Kelley's Friend. Remember me?
anyway.. Kelley's been updating me on this remarkable journey of yours. i just wanted to put in my well wishes and pray for so many blessings for everyone! and yes.. she warned me to pull out the tissues.. which i need everytime she updates me anyway.. but man, she was right!
i love that the whole family is so happy and blessed!

lot's of love!
Brittney

Kelley said...

it just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to read every day to see what you are doing and how everything is going. And I finally got to Meg's blog. It's so cool to see her perspective. She cracks me up.
I am just so proud of you and Mike and what the two of you have accomplished together - your growth, your family, your love for each other and your love for God.
Can't wait for the next entry.
Love you -
K